Singapore Employment Pass
If you hold a managerial or directorial position in a company or possess skills that are considered specialised in Singapore, you can apply for an Employment Pass that allows you a number of privileges.
Important things you need to know about the Employment Pass
The first step in your journey towards acquiring a Singapore Employment Pass is to know the most important things about it. Here, let’s answer the most frequently asked questions about EP.
Who applies for an EP?
You can’t apply for an employment pass alone. You will need your company to do it for you. If not, you need an employment agent to take that role.
Is there is required monthly salary in order to be eligible?
Yes. You need to be earning at least S$3,600 every month. But it depends on your position in your company. Higher ranking employees will be required more.
How long is an EP valid?
Upon receipt of your approval, your EP will be valid for 2 years. Once renewed, it’s valid for 3 years.
Will my family be able to enter Singapore as part of the privileges of an EP?
Yes. All you need to do is apply a Dependant pass for them or a Long-Term Visa Pass.
Are you eligible for an employment pass?
The next thing to do is to determine whether or not you are eligible to apply for an Employment Pass.
Being a shareholder
If your company is newly established or incorporated and if you are one of its shareholders, your application for an EP will be rejected because technically you are considered an entrepreneur. That means you should apply for an Entrepreneur Pass. You can only apply for an EP while being a shareholder if your company has been operating for more than 6 months.
EP is open for all nationalities
However, you need to make sure that you have a job offer in the country before you can apply for an Employment Pass. Remember, ideally, your company will be the one to do it for you. As mentioned earlier, your expected salary must fall within the required amount.
Education and professional background
It incredibly boosts your application if you have a stellar track record. The government will look into your work history, skills, and education to decide whether your application should be approved or not. And for those who are asking, yes, a university degree that offers an in-demand expertise incredibly helps.
MOM especially looks into what you can bring to the table. This is why your skillset is the most important factor in the decision.
How the process looks like
- Online or manual application. The company or local sponsor must submit an application either through the online portal or by submitting the necessary forms and documents to the nearest SingPost. The list of all the documents needed is in the application form.
- In-Principle Approval (IPA). If you’ve received an IPA from MOM, that means your application has been approved. You will be given 6 months to be physically present in Singapore, or else you won’t be able to request the issuance of the EP.
- Issuance of EP. Your company will be required to submit the following details in order to get your EP issues:
- Your passport details
- Details of your current pass
- Your residential address in Singapore
- Address where the EP card should be delivered
- Your contact details and that of someone authorised of receipt
- Other necessary information
- Notification letter. Prior to receiving the actual EP, you’ll receive a notification letter. This contains the information of whether or not you need to register your fingerprints and photo. The notification letter will be valid for one month. This will give you time to travel in and out of Singapore.
- Receiving the EP card. Finally, you’ve now reached the last step of the process. If you’ve been asked to register your fingerprints and photos, it will take around 4 working days to receive your EP card. Delivery details will be sent to the contact information your company provided in step 3.
In case your application will be rejected, your company or employment agent has 3 months to file an appeal. However, it’s important to note that an appeal is valid only if new information is to be presented in accordance to the reason stated behind the rejection.
With our help and the completion of a positive Ministry of Manpower self-assessment,
the employment pass applications that we assist companies in handling are
approved over 90% of the time.
+65 6221 6286
+65 6223 6101
19 Keppel Road
#03-07 Jit Poh Building
SG Employee is a one stop business solution centre cater for HR recruitment needs.