Because of the budding industries, many professionals are aiming to build their new lives in Singapore. This is why you need to seek career opportunities. And one of the best ways to kickstart your plans is to look into the different types of work visas you can apply for such as the entrepass Singapore.
What you should know about Entrepass Singapore
To start, let’s first provide you with the fast facts about entrepass.
What is it exactly?
An entrepass is the type of visa in Singapore reserved for highly skilled professionals seeking to relocate in the country.
Until when is it valid?
Upon receipt, an entrepass is valid for 1 year. Once renewed, it’s valid for 2 years.
Who can apply for an Entrepass?
In a nutshell, any foreigner can apply for an entrepass provided they comply to the requirements of MOM.
One of the first requirements for entrepreneurs is for their company to be funded by any investment agency recognized by the Singapore government. The funding can come from the government or a private agency and should be at least S$100,000.
An intellectual property is necessary for innovators when applying for an entrepass. Furthermore, this IP should be registered to a government-recognized institution. What if your IP has expired? Don’t give up yet. If you are also one of the shareholders of the company, you still have a chance at acquiring an entrepass.
Another important requirement is collaboration with one of Singapore’s research institute. Of course, it has to be in the same line with your preferred business.
One important to note when you are applying for an entrepass as an investor is not all kinds of business will guarantee you an approval. A good track record in investing is a must.
What are the requirements?
You will need your passport, resumé, and business profile if there is any. Aside from this document, you will also have to prepare a comprehensive plan presenting all the details such as what you’ll be offering to the market, results of your market analysis, how you’re planning to go about your operations, and so many others. It’s possible that MOM will require more documents or certificates to gather more information about you and your business.
Entrepass Singapore Application process
- Submit application. Like any other types of visas, you can either do this online or manually. Aside from the needed documents, you also have to prepare the fee.
- Letter of approval or rejection. After submitting your application, you will receive a letter stating whether or not your application has been approved.
- Issuance of Entrepass. Once you’ve received the letter, you will have to request the issuance of your entrepass. This can be done by you or an authorised representative.
- Notification letter. After you’ve requested to issue your entrepass, expect a notification letter. There are two things to note here. First, this notification letter is valid for one month and it allows you to get in and out of Singapore without any hassle. Second, it contains further instructions. It’s possible that you will be required to register your fingerprint and photo.
- Verification and delivery. Once you’ve complied to the additional requirements, you will receive a verification. After around 4 working days, your entrepass will be delivered to the address you’ve provided. If you won’t be available to receive the entrepass, any authorised individual may do it in your stead.
There are more to know about entrepass and how you can boost your application. If you wish to know further or have questions regarding this type of visa, don’t hesitate to contact us.